BluePearl Veterinary Partners is hiring an exceptional Veterinary Technician to join our team.
- Are you looking to advance your career as a Veterinary Technician?
- Do you have a strong passion for the Veterinary field?
- Do you want to work with dedicated, highly skilled veterinary professionals?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, then we want to hear from you.
As a Veterinary Technician, you will be responsible for the treatment of stable hospitalized patients and stable outpatient diagnostics and treatments.
In this role:
- You will be able to calculate basic medical math.
- You compassionately, calmly, and gently approach and handle patients.
- You will understand classification of commonly-used medications, associated side effects and appropriately monitors therapeutic response.
- You will administer medications via appropriate routes and duration.
- You will perform phlebotomy.
- You will have the ability to place peripheral intravenous catheter in cephalic vein.
- You will alert Veterinarian if patient's status changes and/or physical exam or monitoring parameters are outside of normal ranges.
- You will perform physical exam; accurately count heart, pulse rate, capillary refill time, mucous membranes, temperature, respiratory rate and effort.
- You will intubate patients under the direction of a Level II technician or higher.
- You support Veterinarian and client through euthanasia process.
- You are able to read and follow orders written on treatment sheet accurately and in a timely manner.
Your success is our success!
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training.
- Health benefits including dental and vision
- Competitive compensation
- Company covered short term disability, to include paid maternity and paternity leave
- Flexible hours
- Paid holidays
- CE allowance for all associates
- Associate pet discounts
- Scrub allowance
- Referral bonus program
- Additional training
- Unlimited growth potential
Like us on Facebook to learn about BluePearl events and career opportunities!
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.