Veterinarian - AnesthesiologistPittsburghPennsylvania
BluePearl North Hills in Pittsburgh (PVSEC) is seeking a second Veterinarian - Anesthesiologist for a busy multispecialty referral hospital supporting 9 surgeons and multiple other specialties. There is a team of dedicated anesthesia techs in support of that area. The anesthesia team enjoys support of excellent equipment including ultrasound for nerve blocks, ventilators, and a multimodal approach to anesthesia.
Why should you consider Pittsburgh? This short video explains it all: https://vimeo.com/677892292
The 35,000-square-foot facility opened in 2008 and offers a number of advanced treatment and diagnostic services, including Western Pennsylvania 's only high-field 1.5T MRI, an on-site 64-slice CT, a linear accelerator, 4 ultrasound machines, video endoscopy, digital radiography, C-arm fluoroscopy, ECG telemetry, dedicated suites for endoscopy, ultrasound & oncology. Services such as a blood bank, comprehensive in-house laboratory and pharmacy, social workers support our hospital teams, clients, and patients.
BluePearl North Hills offers a variety of services, including round-the-clock emergency medicine and specialists in anesthesiology, cardiology, critical care, dentistry, dermatology, internal medicine, medical oncology, neurology, ophthalmology, radiation oncology, radiology, rehabilitation services and surgery.
It’s a team-oriented, fast-paced environment with growth and advancement opportunities, which not only promotes outstanding patient care but also learning and growing with training programs through BluePearl University and BluePearl Science. BluePearl also partners with Penn Foster for associates to continue their Veterinary Technician education and licensing.
Pittsburgh, tucked away in the Allegheny Mountains of southwestern Pennsylvania, is a mid-sized metropolis that has been ranked one of the most livable cities in the U.S. It is a small city of ethnic neighborhoods, scenic hills, trees, rivers, and farmland, yet offers world-class fine arts, museums, and educational institutions. It also boasts three professional sports teams, a zoo, aquarium, and the National Aviary, excellent schools and health care, and a wide variety of outdoor and family activities, including Idlewild & Soakzone, Pennsylvania 's best theme park and water park. Despite Pittsburgh 's big city offerings, people are friendly, crime is low, rural settings are within commuting distance, and cost of living is well below average.
· Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food.
· We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
· In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl University for training, and our clinicians have access to over 2,000 medical journals.
· We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
o Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
o Annual company store allowance.
o Flexible work schedules.
o Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off, parental leave, and floating holiday plans.
o A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
· We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.