Veterinary Technician - NeurologyIrvineCaliforniaVet Technician
BluePearl is hiring a Veterinary Technician to join our growing Neurology team in Irvine, CA!
BluePearl Veterinary Partners has an immediate need for a full-time Neurology Veterinary Technician to join our team in Irvine, CA!
- Are you driven, dependable, committed, and knowledgeable?
- Do you demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills in a team atmosphere?
- Do you want to be in a dynamic and rewarding setting?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, we want to hear from you!
This is a full-time position, working days and some evenings, with on weekend shift, on Saturday.
*Differential pay is provided for evenings and weekends*
Our Neurology Technicians are self-motivated and are able to multi-task efficiently. Good communication skills and compassion are a must. Additional responsibilities will include assisting with physical exams, CT and MRI. Strong anesthesia and phlebotomy skills required.
As a BluePearl Neurology Veterinary Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Placing intravenous catheters
- Patient care including diagnostic procedures and treatments for CT, MRI and spinal taps
- Anesthesia monitoring
- Preparing prescriptions and communicating discharge orders to clients
- Triage and obtaining patient history
- Practicing proper safety protocols
Join Our Team! We are a busy multi-specialty hospital with a 24-hr ER here in beautiful Orange County. There is so much talent and experience in this building, and we are excited to be fostering an environment of learning and growth. We want our technicians to reach their full potential. As a part of our team, you will gain exposure and work with patients from ER, Critical Care, Surgery, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Cardiology, Oncology, Ophthalmology and more to come!
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food.
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl University for training, and our clinicians have access to over 2,000 medical journals.
- We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off and floating holiday plans.
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.