Veterinary Technician SupervisorTacomaWashingtonHospital Support
BluePearl Tacoma is hiring a Veterinary Technician Supervisor to join our team!
BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital is now hiring for an experienced and compassionate Specialty Veterinary Technician Supervisor in Tacoma, WA!
- Are you a passionate and patient coach who is a mentor to your teammates?
- Do you enjoy working together as a team to provide excellent patient care?
- Do you consistently lead by example?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, then we want to hear from you.
We are seeking an LVT who is proficient in all technical skills, including placing IVCs, venipuncture, completing lab work, running anesthesia, obtaining vitals, and accurately assessing patients. Advanced technical skills such as central line placement highly desired.
As a BluePearl Emergency Veterinary Technician Supervisor:
- You create effective working relationships with hospital leadership to facilitate communication of ideas, policies, standards, and performance.
- You can demonstrate advanced proficiency as a Veterinary Technician within the Emergency department and maintain all related skills and knowledge.
- You facilitate an environment of ongoing communication and feedback.
- You implement process improvement initiatives that remove barriers to excellent service.
- Demonstrated supervisory capacity is required. Previous Technician Supervisor experience strongly preferred.
- Must be a Licensed Veterinary Technician or an Advanced Patient Care Associate. Previous experience in an Emergency and Specialty hospital is preferred.
Our highly skilled BluePearl Tacoma team delivers compassionate, comprehensive care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! We pride ourselves on a culture of collaboration, team development and a sense of family all while living our mission of enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
We are excited to announce we have moved to our new hospital! Our new hospital is just over 16,000 square feet with 1,300 square feet of treatment space. Our specialty departments will be able to stretch their wings a bit with designated space and rooms designed for their service’s needs. Our hospital has 11 exam rooms plus a private comfort room, separate discharge station and a private staff lounge just off our conference room for future CE and hospital events. We offer the following services at our Tacoma location:
- 24 Hour Emergency Medicine
- Avian & Exotics Medicine
- Critical Care
- Dentistry and Oral Surgery
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Internal Medicine
- Neurology and Neuro Surgery
Our hospital embraces the importance of meal breaks, safety, self-care and wellness. We partner with our organization's Health & Wellness Team to provide training opportunities on burnout, compassion fatigue, wellness micro steps, and more! We have consistent team meetings scheduled for off the floor communications whether in person or through virtual conferencing.
We have a compensation & benefits package to include the following based on eligibility:
- NEW Company Paid - Short term & Long-term disability
- NEW – Parental Leave Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- Career Advancement Opportunities – skills & knowledge based
- Shift Differential for all hourly para associates
- Weekend Shift Differential for all hourly para associates
- Paid Time Off
- Floating Holidays – more pay or more time off, you choose!
- Health Care Benefits - medical, dental & vision
- Life & AD&D
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Savings Account
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Continuing Education Plan – to include individual stipends and rollover benefits/CE hours for LVT/VTS
- VTNE reimbursements
- Additional VTS benefits – pursuing & established VTS technicians
- State Licensure Reimbursements
- Pet Insurance Options
- Pet Care Discounts
- Scrub Allowance
- Referral Bonus Program
- Career advancement opportunities outside of our local hospital
- And more!
Our team is supported 24/7 with a hospital leadership and supervisor team that leads with their heart and working with our associates to achieve individual, team and hospital goals. On top of all this, we have the amazing opportunity to help people and pets every day. We truly have some of the best jobs, even on the toughest days!
At BluePearl, we are fortunate to work with senior leaders and our support center teams in Recruiting, Career Development, Safety & Security, People & Organization, Marketing, and Creative, Finance, Social Work, IT and more! Our leaders and support center teams support our hospitals in so many ways behind the scenes and we are lucky to have such a talented group of people to support our team and hospital. Check out BluePearlvet.com to learn more about BluePearl.
And did you know we are part of Mars? Most people think of candy when they think of Mars but Mars has a HUGE passion for people and pets! Check out mars.com to learn more about this amazing company, their values and all the things they are doing in creating a better world for pets!
There are layers of opportunities within our organization that make us unique, apply now to learn more! Plus, we would love the opportunity to connect with you and learn about your goals and career aspirations!
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace