Advanced Patient Care Associate II- OvernightsAuburn HillsMichiganVet Technician
BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital in Auburn Hills, MI is seeking a motivated and experienced Advanced Patient Care Associate to join our growing emergency department. If you are looking to expand your skill set and are seeking a supportive, collaborative team, don't wait and apply today!
This is a full-time opportunity. Typical shifts are evenings and overnights. We provide a competitive differential for night and weekend shifts.
Our BluePearl Emergency Advanced Patient Care Associate :
- Induce, monitor and recover anesthesia in patients and use anesthesia/monitoring equipment.
- Perform digital radiography using proper technique including proper positioning of patients.
- Have a complete understanding of normal ranges of patient vital signs, including but not limited to heart and respiratory rate, temperature, blood pressure and oxygen saturation.
- Obtain and interpret blood pressure and other vital signs and alert Veterinarian to changes and issues.
- Identify patients at risk for arrest and initiate CPR.
- Properly calculate medical math (including constant rate infusions) and administer medications via appropriate routes and duration.
- Are proficient at performing phlebotomy and placing intravenous catheters in all peripheral vessels.
- Place and maintain feeding tubes.
- Have a passion for mentoring and training other co-workers.
- Have patience and empathy to address client concerns.
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food. You can also bring your dog to work with you.
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl University for training, and our clinicians have access to over 2,000 medical journals.
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
- We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off and floating holiday plans.
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace