Veterinary Financial CoordinatorEden PrairieMinnesotaHospital Support
Eden Prairie's BluePearl Referral + Emergency Pet Hospital is hiring!
BluePearl Referral + Emergency Pet Hospital in Eden Prairie, MN is seeking an organized, fiscally responsible, and goal-driven Financial Coordinator to join our team.
The Financial Coordinator has primary responsibility for charge capture and other billing-related activities across the hospital. They ensure that all charges are captured in an appropriate manner by auditing records for accuracy and verifying that charges align with the patient’s treatment record(s). The incumbent works with hospital leadership to rectify recurring charge capture issues and educates other associates regarding charge capture protocols. The role may also have primary responsibility for coordinating and maintaining payment plans, providing clients with billing updates, and collection of accounts receivable.
As a Financial Coordinator:
- You audit patient records/charts with invoices to ensure charge accuracy.
- Verify charges on open invoices of hospitalized patients and makes corrections as necessary.
- You review bloodwork and radiographs to ensure appropriate capture of charges.
- You may provide clients with billing updates.
- You educate other hospital associates regarding charge entry protocols.
- You may process associate billing.
- You may handle collection of accounts receivable including maintenance of payment plans.
- You serve as liaison to credit providers, collection agencies and donation/rescue organizations.
- High school diploma required, undergraduate degree in related field preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology required.
- At least two years' of job-related experience required. Previous experience in veterinary industry strongly preferred.
BluePearl is the next step in your career.
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food. You also have the opportunity to bring your dog to work.
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl University for training, and our clinicians have access to over 2,000 medical journals.
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
- We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off and floating holiday plans.
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
If you have been searching for a collaborative, supportive and FUN team, don’t wait and apply today!
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.