Veterinary Technician LeadPeoriaArizonaHospital Support
BluePearl Pet Hospital in Peoria, AZ is hiring an Emergency Veterinary Technician Lead!
BluePearl Pet Hospital is now hiring for an experienced and compassionate Veterinary Technician Lead to join our team in Peoria, AZ. This is a full-time opportunity that requires availability to work nights and weekends.
- Do you consistently lead by example?
- Are you a passionate and patient coach and mentor to your teammates?
- Do you enjoy working together as a team to provide excellent patient care?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, then we want to hear from you.
We are seeking an experienced Veterinary Technician who is proficient in all technical skills, including; placing IVCs, venipuncture, completing lab work, running anesthesia, obtaining vitals, and accurately assessing patients. Advanced technical skills such as central line placement highly desired.
As a BluePearl Veterinary Technician Lead, you will:
- Create effective working relationships with hospital leadership to facilitate communication of ideas, policies, standards, and performance.
- Demonstrate advanced proficiency as a Veterinary Technician within the Emergency department and maintain all related skills and knowledge.
- Coach a supervised group for strong performance and productivity in the delivery of medical services to patients.
- Serve as a mentor to lower-level staff by demonstrating positive work habits, effective clinical skills, and business knowledge.
- Facilitate an environment of ongoing communication and feedback.
- Implement process improvement initiatives that remove barriers to excellent service.
- Coach team members to be continuously aware and proactive at anticipating and addressing patient and client needs and to seek assistance with escalated, stressful situations.
- Work with hospital leadership to organize Veterinary Technician and Assistant meetings.
- Identify conflicts in the workplace and seek assistance in resolution in order to create effective working relationships.
- Provide feedback related to Technician performance to hospital leadership and works with them to develop performance improvement plans.
- Demonstrated supervisory capacity is required. Previous Technician Lead/Supervisor experience strongly preferred.
- Previous experience as an Emergency Veterinary Technician preferred
Veterinary Technician Lead Pay: $19.00 - $25.00 per hour depending on experience. We also offer a shift differential for eligible shifts (nights and weekends).
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food.
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in their career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer an annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, and our own BluePearl University for training. Our Continuing Education Plan includes individual stipends and rollover benefits/CE hours for CVT/VTS.
- To support your career growth, we offer Penn Foster tuition assistance to those who demonstrate the desire to successfully become a degreed and licensed Veterinary Technician. Our strategic partnership with Penn Foster offers qualifying associates a Veterinary Technician degree with up to 90% tuition assistance.
- We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
- NEW company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- NEW Parental Leave Benefits
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options
- Paid Time Off and Floating Holiday Plans
- Shift Differential for all hourly associates.
- Weekend Shift Differential for all hourly associates
- Health Savings Account, Flexible Savings Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Annual Scrub Allowance
- Referral Bonus Program
- State licensure reimbursements, VTNE reimbursements
- Additional VTS benefits – pursuing & established VTS technicians.
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
On top of all this, we have the amazing opportunity to help people and pets every day. We truly have some of the best jobs, even on the toughest days!
There are layers of opportunities within our organization that make us unique, apply now to learn more! Plus, we would love the opportunity to connect with you and learn about your goals and career aspirations!
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.