Sterile Supply Assistant - Veterinary Surgery AssistantSavannahGeorgiaHospital Support
Veterinary Specialists of the Southeast, a BluePearl Veterinary Partner in Savannah, GA is now hiring!
BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital in Savannah, GA is seeking a Sterile Supply Assistant / Veterinary Assistant with a self-motivated, positive attitude to join our growing surgery team.
This is a full-time position; shifts are typically Monday through Friday, first shift.
- Do you have a passion for animals?
- Are you looking to improve your skills and learn more about the veterinary health industry?
- Would you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team environment?
If you answered "yes" to the questions, then we would love to hear from you!
As a Sterile Supply Assistant / Veterinary Assistant, you will:
- Prepare instruments and operating room for surgery.
- Troubleshooting and removing faulty equipment from service to submit for repair or replacement.
- Maintaining appropriate quantities of surgical supplies and equipment.
- Decontaminating and cleaning operating rooms, sterile supply room, and equipment according to established procedures.
- Cleaning and sterilizing instruments and wrapping packs
- Serving as a resource/reference to the surgical team with regards to surgical equipment.
- Assisting your surgical team as needed
BluePearl is the next step in your career.
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food. You can also bring your dog to work with you.
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl University for training, and our clinicians have access to over 2,000 medical journals.
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
- We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off and floating holiday plans.
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.