Veterinary Assistant - RehabilitationSan AntonioTexasHospital Support
BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital in San Antonio, TX is hiring a Vet Assistant in Rehab!
BluePearl Specialty +Emergency Pet Hospital in San Antonio, TX is hiring a full-time Veterinary Assistant for their busy Rehabilitation Department. This position will be assisting our Rehab Specialist (CCRP) with walking, cleaning and general husbandry of both our drop off an inpatient clients. This position will eventually evolve to learn more medically and be able to independently assist rehab patients once fully trained.
As a Physical Rehabilitation Veterinary Assistant, you will:
- Approaches and handles patients according to safety protocols and core values.
- Assists the Clinicans and Technicians with treatments and diagnostics
- Able to address client concerns and answer them appropriately
- Performs and recognizes normal physical exam parameters of temperature, heart rate, pulse quality, respiration and mucous membranes.
- Performs all in-house laboratory diagnostics
- Ensures hospital working areas are cleaned, stocked and maintained in accordance with hospital policy
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food.
- Our team has access to a regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
Additional perks and benefits based on eligibility:
- NEW company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- NEW Parental Leave Benefits
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options
- Paid Time Off and Floating Holiday Plans
- Shift Differential for all hourly associates
- Weekend Shift Differential for all hourly associates
- Health Savings Account, Flexible Savings Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Annual Scrub Allowance
- Referral Bonus Program
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.