Kennel AssistantAvondaleArizonaHospital Support
BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital is hiring a Kennel Assistant in Avondale, AZ!
BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital in Avondale, AZ is hiring an exceptional Kennel Assistant. This is a full-time position that requires availability to work a 4:00 pm to 2:00 am schedule. We offer night and weekend shift differential pay!
- Are you looking for a change?
- Are you looking to get your foot in the door at a busy and state-of-the-art Emergency and Specialty animal hospital?
- Do you like working in a fast-paced environment?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, we want to hear from you!
A Kennel Assistant attends to the basic needs of animals that are patients of the hospital and cleans the hospital facility, equipment, and tools. The role may include assistance with basic patient care such as safe restraint of patients during treatment.
As a Kennel Assistant, you will:
- Observe patients for obvious signs of health concerns and report to senior staff.
- Clean and disinfect areas of the hospital as often as is necessary to maintain high standards of care.
- Prepare patient meals, clean patient cages, and bedding, and maintain litter boxes.
- Safely approach and restrain cooperative patients as needed during treatments.
- Provide routine attention to patients, including walking dogs.
- Effectively clean and maintain hospital equipment and tools.
- Remove and wash soiled laundry and keep clean laundry stocked.
- Patrol facility regularly to ensure cleanliness.
- Previous work experience in veterinary care preferred.
- Previous experience handling small animals necessary.
- Ability to work in a busy hospital environment and proactively identify tasks required to ensure hospital cleanliness
- Demonstrated calm demeanor
- Communication skills
- Basic knowledge of safe domestic animal husbandry skills, or ability to develop knowledge quickly.
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food.
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl University for training, and our clinicians have access to over 2,000 medical journals.
- We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off and floating holiday plans.
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace