Veterinary Assistant Practice ManagerGlendaleWisconsinHospital Support
Glendale’s BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital is seeking a dedicated leader!
Lakeshore Veterinary Specialists, a BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital, in Glendale, WI is seeking a dedicated, professional, and passionate Assistant Practice Manager to join our team.
- Do you take pride in developing a hardworking, productive, and effective workforce that as a team work together to achieve success?
- Are you a natural and transparent leader with excellent communication skills?
- Does new technology, change, and evolution in veterinary medicine excite you?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, then we want to hear from you!
The Assistant Practice Manager assists the Practice Manager in the daily operational function of the hospital’s operations and assumes managerial responsibility of the hospital’s operations in the Practice Manager’s absence.
As a BluePearl Assistant Practice Manager:
- You direct and supervise associates.
- You create appropriate organizational environments and value systems which stimulate the morale and productivity of the work force and its leadership.
- You collaborate with training and clinical staff to ensure that training and quality goals are met.
- You coach and lead through effective feedback to associates through the supervisory team.
- You monitor and evaluate operations on a daily basis.
- You partner with the Practice Manager to develop action plans to maximize hospital efficiency and supervises the implementation of improvements.
- You are responsible for all personnel functions including hiring, assignment and direction of work, development and training, disciplinary actions and termination and the maintenance of all personnel records.
- You partner with the Practice Manager in budget preparation and ensure revenue targets and training goals are met.
- You review and approve employee schedules to accommodate the patient needs of the hospital.
- You ensure the adequacy and adjust inventory levels of all goods and supplies necessary for the operation of the hospital.
- You construct and submit timely and accurate reports on a daily/weekly/monthly or as required basis.
- You maintain thorough familiarity and ensures compliance with state and federal regulations, Standard Operating Procedures, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines.
- You build rapport with clients and referring DVMs to ensure an overall high level of customer satisfaction with the hospital and services we provide.
- You minimize hospital liability through constant risk management review.
- You investigate all unsafe situations and situations/complaints.
- You work with the Practice Manager in creating and maintaining a positive team environment.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree, a minimum of 3 years' of equivalent work experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Supervisory experience in an animal hospital setting preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated work history of above average performance, customer service, and attendance.
BluePearl is the next step in your career!
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food. You also have the opportunity to bring your dog to work.
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl University for training, and our clinicians have access to over 2,000 medical journals.
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
- We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off and floating holiday plans.
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
If you have been searching for a collaborative, supportive and FUN team, don’t wait and apply today!
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.