Pittsburgh Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Center (PVSEC South), a BluePearl Veterinary Partners hospital in Washington, PA is hiring an exceptional Veterinary Technician to join our Day Time Emergency team.
- Are you committed and passionate about enriching lives through remarkable care for pets?
- Do you thrive in fast-paced, dynamic, and rewarding work environment?
- Are you a team player who enjoys working together on a team to provide quality care for pets?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, then we want to hear from you.
PVSEC South is a new state of the art facility with the same standards of care that has made our North location become the renowned veterinary hospital in Western Pennsylvania. The ideal candidate will be one with experience as an emergency technician (CVT preferred) in the Veterinary field, along with a great attitude and a strong drive to succeed and build their career in Veterinary medicine.
As a Day Time Emergency Veterinary Technician you will:
- Provide nursing care to stable patients according to hospital standards of care and core values.
- Report patient signalment, problem list, and plan during nursing rounds.
- Calculate basic medical math.
- Understand classification of commonly-used medications, associated side effects and appropriately monitors therapeutic response.
- Administer medications via appropriate routes and duration.
- Perform phlebotomy.
- Ability to place peripheral intravenous catheter in cephalic vein.
- Perform physical exams; accurately count heart, pulse rate, capillary refill time, mucous membranes, temperature, respiratory rate and effort.
- Possess a working knowledge of anesthesia/monitoring equipment and assist with patients assigned ASA I or II classifications.
- Intubate patients under the direction of a Level II technician or higher.
- Remain current on R.E.C.O.V.E.R CPR guidelines and demonstrates proficiency in designated role as assigned by attending clinician and/or supervisor.
What can you expect from BluePearl?
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, groundbreaking healthcare.
We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere.
How can you become successful at BluePearl?
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training.
Your benefit options will include:
- health benefits options
- competitive compensation
- flexible hours
- scrub allowance
- experienced veterinary social workers on staff
- additional training
- unlimited growth potential
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.