Veterinary Technician - Critical CareLanghornePennsylvaniaVet Technician
BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital in Langhorne, PA is looking for a Critical Care Veterinary Nurse to join our dynamic team of skilled individuals.
- Do you enjoy the challenges and fast pace of an Emergency/Specialty Hospital?
- Are you a self-motivated team player with a stellar attitude?
- Do you possess outstanding communication skills?
- Are you looking to advance your career by obtaining a specialty certification?
- Do you love animals?
We offer an amazing opportunity to combine all of these aspects into the job of your dreams! Are you ready to join the BluePearl family? We’re so excited to meet you! Positions are available immediately!
As a Critical Care Veterinary Nurse you will:
- Work closely with our Criticalists and their admitted patients
- Completing in-patient and out-patient work up requests
- Setting up for routine procedures
- Inducing, monitoring, and recovering anesthesia
- Obtaining and interpreting blood pressures and alerting Veterinarian to changes and issues
- Setting up constant rate infusions (CRI)
- Placing peripheral intravenous catheters
- Appropriately restraining aggressive canine and feline patients
- Recognizing abnormal heart and lung sounds
- Calculating medical math (mcg/mg, mg/mL, mg/kg, etc.
- Identifying patients at risk for arrest and initiating CPR according to R.E.C.O.V.E.R. guidelines
- Upholding the hospital’s standard of care and continually striving for medical excellence and innovation
- Thinking “outside the box”
- ...And so much more!
We Have What You Want!
- Competitive pay and generous benefits
- VTS mentorship opportunities including vast and diverse case load for case logs
- Employee wellness room
- Health & Well-Being Team
- PTO, scrub allowances, and CE allowances
- Tuition reimbursement
- Shift differentials for Midshifts, Overnights, and Weekends
- A positive hospital culture. “No Bad Vibes!”
- Fear Free program enrollment opportunities
- Responsive, supportive, and compassionate management
- Brand new treatment area and ICU
- Unlimited growth potential!
We Want YOU!
- Experience working in a veterinary practice preferred
- High school graduate
- Current certification/license in veterinary technology a plus
- Strong computer skills – knowledge of Apple OS a plus
- Strong organizational/time management skills
- Strong sense of integrity: able to maintain the highest ethical standards, personal responsibility, and accountability and confidentiality of clients, doctors, and all staff.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, and move) up to 50 pounds
What can you expect from BluePearl?
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, groundbreaking healthcare.
We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere.
How you can become successful at BluePearl?
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state of the art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training.
Like us on Facebook to learn about BluePearl events and career opportunities!
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.