Veterinary Assistant - OncologyCharlestownMassachusettsHospital Support
BluePearl Specialty & Emergency Pet Hospital is looking to add an experienced Veterinary Assistant to their Oncology Team in Charlestown, MA! If you have a great attitude and a strong drive to succeed and build your career in veterinary medicine, apply today! You will have opportunities for growth within the service itself and with BluePearl. Previous Oncology experience is not required but preferred. We will train the right candidate!
This is a full-time position working, Monday - Wednesday
- Are you a passionate assistant looking to improve your skills in the veterinary field?
- Do you have a passion for oncology?
- Do you want an opportunity to work with some of the brightest veterinary professional in this industry?
As an Oncology Veterinary Assistant, you will:
- Assist the Technicians and Doctors by monitoring patients who are receiving a chemotherapy infusion.
- Set up appropriate materials for short and long chemotherapy administration
- Safely dispense and administer oral chemotheapy agents
- Safely dispense, reconstitute and administered SQ/IM chemotherapy agents
- Have knowledge of chemotherapy extravasation and what to do if it happens
- Check chemotherapy agent calculations and dosages
- Properly wrap and shave for an IV catheter for chemotherapy infusion