Veterinary Assistant - OvernightAppletonWisconsinHospital Support
Appleton BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital is hiring!
Animal Referral Center, a BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital, in Appleton, WI is seeking an exceptional Veterinary Assistant for our growing Emergency team. This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to get started in emergency medicine as we provide a comprehensive training program.
If you are looking to further your career as a veterinary assistant, then we want to hear from you!
Full-time schedule, typical hours are 11p - 8a. We offer competitive night and weekend shift differentials!
This position would consist of triaging patients, taking full medical histories, completing outpatient treatments, and going over discharge instructions with owners. On the job training, shift differentials and room for growth and just some of the many perks!
As an Emergency Veterinary Assistant, you will:
- Triage emergency cases as they arrive at the hospital including obtaining vitals such as temperature, heart rate, respiratory rate and blood pressure.
- Assist the doctor with creating patient treatment plans and thoroughly explaining to owners.
- Perform digital radiography using proper technique including proper positioning of patients.
- Have a complete understanding of normal ranges of patient vital signs, including but not limited to heart and respiratory rate, temperature, blood pressure and oxygen saturation.
- Obtain and interpret blood pressure and other vital signs and alert Veterinarian to changes and issues.
- Assist with phlebotomy and intravenous catheters.
- Identify patients at risk for arrest and assist with CPR.
- Have a passion for mentoring and training other co-workers.
- Have patience and empathy to address client concerns.
BluePearl is the next step in your career!
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food. You also have the opportunity to bring your dog to work.
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl University for training, and our clinicians have access to over 2,000 medical journals.
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
- We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off and floating holiday plans.
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.