Overnight Veterinary Technician - EmergencyMesquiteTexasVet Technician
Primary responsibilities: triage emergency cases as they come in and as needed, assist DVM with crafting and going over estimates, performing diagnostics (radiographs, labwork, etc), setting patients up in ICU or Inpatient ward, discharging patients, client communication, etc.
As an Emergency Technician you will:
- Provides nursing care to stable patients according to hospital standards ofcare and core values.
- Report patient signalment, problem list and plan during nursing rounds.
- Calculates basic medical math.
- Understands classification of commonly-used medications, associated sideeffects and appropriately monitors therapeutic response.
- Administers medications via appropriate routes and duration.
- Performs phlebotomy.
- Ability to place peripheral intravenous catheter in cephalic vein.
- Performs physical exam; accurately counts heart, pulse rate, capillary refilltime, mucous membranes, temperature, respiratory rate and effort.
- Possesses a working knowledge of anesthesia/monitoring equipment andassist with patients assigned ASA I or II classifications.
- Intubates patients under the direction of a Level II technician or higher.
- Remains current on R.E.C.O.V.E.R CPR guidelines and demonstratesproficiency in designated role as assigned by attending clinician and/orsupervisor.
What can you expect from BluePearl?
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, groundbreaking healthcare.
We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere.
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food.
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl University for training, and our clinicians have access to over 2,000 medical journals.
- We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off and floating holiday plans.
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.