Veterinary Technician - EmergencyGainesvilleFloridaVet Technician
- You compassionately, calmly and gently approaches and handles patients.
- You approach and handle patients according to safety protocols and core values.
- You interpret and complete in-patient and out-patient work up requests by veterinarian within their skill set.
- You identify, understand different types and stages of shock.
- You understand hospital estimates and have the ability to present them in a clear manner to clients.
- You accurately set up, perform, and troubleshoot central venous pressure monitoring via all methods.
- You perform chest tube maintenance and evacuation.
- You perform tracheostomy tube maintenance.
- You place nasal oxygen lines and ensures proper positioning.
- You place single and multi-lumen central lines as well as PICC lines.
- You place nasoesophageal and nasogastic feeding tubes.
- You appropriately administer and maintain parental nutrition delivery to patient.
- You identify common heart arrhythmias.
- You resuscitate neonates.
- You perform manual intermittent positive pressure ventilation (with Ambubag or anesthesia reservoir bag).
- You care for and appropriately handle patient drains (Jackson Pratt, Penrose, etc.).
- You administer eye tests as deemed appropriate by veterinarian (tonopen, fluorescence stain, shrimer tear test).
- You mentor and train level 1-2 veterinary technicians and assistants.
- You accurately start and monitor blood product transfusions.
- You address client concerns and answer them appropriately within job duties.
- You prepare medications and patient for discharge, and communicates discharge instructions to client.
- You provide patient nursing care to ICU level 3 patients according to hospital standards of care and core values.
- You actively participates in hospital’s day to day function by taking on additional responsibilities.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in an emergency and/or critical care department.
- High School graduate.
- CVT preferred, but not required.
BluePearl is the next step in your career.
BluePearl Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians who believed pets should have access to high quality, state of the art healthcare. We are seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking to grow their career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere.
Our associate benefits include:
- Health benefits including dental and vision
- Competitive compensation
- Company covered short term disability, to include paid maternity and paternity leave
- Flexible hours
- Paid holidays
- CE allowance for all associates
- Associate pet discounts
- Scrub allowance
- Referral bonus program
- Additional training
- Unlimited growth potential