Veterinary Assistant - Internal MedicineOak CreekWisconsinHospital Support
Oak Creek Lakeshore Veterinary Specialists, a BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital, is hiring!
If you have been looking for a way to advance your career, make sure to check us out!
Lakeshore Veterinary Specialists, BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital, in Oak Creek, WI has an immediate opening for an exceptional Veterinary Assistant to join our Internal Medicine team. If you enjoy solving puzzling cases and helping manage chronic diseases, this may position may be the perfect fit!
Schedule is full-time, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday in Internal Medicine (8a to 4p) and Friday in ER (6a to 6p). The current schedule does not include weekends but weekends may be required in the future.
If you have experience in the veterinary field and are seeking an opportunity with a team that inspires growth working in a collaborative environment, we want to hear from you!
Our Internal Medicine Veterinary Assistants function as liaisons between our internists and our clients regarding patient histories, care instructions, lab results, patient updates, and other topics as requested by the doctors. In addition to this, you would be assisting the Internists and Veterinary Technicians with other Internal Medicine related tasks.
As an Internal Medicine Veterinary Assistant, you will:
- Obtain patient histories from clients.
- Update clients on the status of their pet while in hospital.
- Perform physical exam; accurately count heart, pulse rate, capillary refill time, mucous membranes, temperature, respiratory rate and effort.
- Safely restrain patients for ultrasounds and radiology procedures.
- Set up endoscopic procedures (GI, nasal, urinary, airway). Clean and maintain equipment following procedure.
- Assist in creating treatment plans for patients and clearly present and explain them to clients.
- Have patience and empathy to address client concerns.
- Prepare medications and discharge orders with concise directions for our clients.
- Educate clients in the areas of their pet’s health and appropriate home care.
BluePearl is the next step in your career!
At BluePearl, the continued education of our techs is paramount. Not only do our techs get to work in state-of-the-art facilities with the best veterinary teams in the nation, but they also have access 90% paid scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances. We also go even further to hold monthly CE meetings, associate feedback sessions, and opportunities for mentorship and cross-training.
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food. You can also bring your dog to work with you.
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl University for training, and our clinicians have access to over 2,000 medical journals.
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
- We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off and floating holiday plans.
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.