Software Integration EngineerTampaFloridaFacilities
BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital is seeking a Software Integrations Engineer to join our support center in Tampa, FL.
As the Software Integrations Engineer, you will develop and implement internal and external customer-facing applications across the enterprise. The individual in this role will be partnering with business leaders to identify and understand requirements and collaborating on development roadmaps to ensure final solutions meet organizational needs. This position focuses on full-stack application integrations and hosting tools.
Is this you? If so, please apply today.
- You have solid expertise with software development in web and backend technologies.
- You have hands-on experience with relational and NoSQL data technologies.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- You will preferably have at least three years of job-related experience in veterinary or similar industries (human healthcare, finance, etc.)
- You will preferably have the following technical experience:
- Modern deployment technologies (Docker, container management services)
- Serverless development (Azure Functions, AWS Lambda, serverless databases)
- Front end development experience (React, Vue.js, or similar)
- Previous experience working on medical or medical records, veterinary, or financial software.
- Familiar with data warehousing and analytics technologies (PowerBI, MS SQL Server, DBT)
As the Software Integrations Engineer, your responsibilities will be as follows
- Architect resilient systems for internal and customer-facing applications from scratch.
- Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
- Oversee major components of BluePearl’s tooling and application architecture to capture development and operational needs.
- Ensure that your systems are fully CI/CD and have the responsibility of a plan to get to CI/CD if not there yet.
- Partner with leadership to identify business needs, discover hidden requirements, and coordinate implementation.
- Conduct design and code reviews and raise the bar on engineering rigor and standard.
- Continuously measure and optimize the performance, effectiveness, and uptime of backend services
- Debug production issues across services and tech stack
- Development duties may include developing and integrating new applications and features, building and maintaining APIs, integrating with partner APIs and data sources, and maintaining internal systems.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our Associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food.
- We value your health and well-being as an Associate by providing you with the following:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options
- Flexible work schedules
- Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off and floating holiday plans
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.