Veterinary Assistant - SurgeryEden PrairieMinnesotaHospital Support
BluePearl Referral + Emergency Pet Hospital in Eden Prairie, MN is seeking an energetic, passionate, and driven Veterinary Assistant to join our growing Surgery team!
This position is primarily responsible for instrument care and sterilization, assisting with surgery prep and post op monitoring, as well as ensuring surgical suites are prepared and cleaned.
Schedule is full-time; some weekend and holiday availability may be necessary.
As a BluePearl Veterinary Assistant:
- You compassionately, calmly and gently approach and handle our patients according to safety protocols and our core values.
- You prep and clean the surgery suites.
- You clean and sterilize surgical instruments, including proper use of the autoclave.
- You safely restrain patients for procedures.
- You ensure the surgery area is well stocked and maintained.
- You understand our hospital estimates and can clearly present and explain them to our clients.
- You assist with radiographs.
- You have a passion for mentoring and training other co-workers.
- You have patience and empathy to address client concerns.
- You prepare medications and our patients/clients for discharge with concise directions for our clients.
BluePearl is the next step in your career!
- Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food. You also have the opportunity to bring your dog to work.
- We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
- In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl University for training, and our clinicians have access to over 2,000 medical journals.
- We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
- We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off and floating holiday plans.
- A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
If you have been searching for a collaborative, supportive and FUN team, don’t wait and apply today!
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.